The world football governing body, FIFA recently ranked the second goal scored by Super Eagles striker, Ahmed Musa, against Iceland as the 8th Best Goal of the Tournament.
Musa’s goal was ranked 8th out of the total 169 goals scored at the just concluded 2018 World Cup which took place in Russia.
Reacting to this development, the striker took to his Instagram page to thank everyone for voting for him.
He wrote: “I just want to thank you all for voting. This goal is bigger than me it has shown the world that Nigeria has quality on the world stage and we look to improve in the future.
“I am humbled by the love and encouragement. Thank you all again”
Pavard’s effort won a public vote to be named the best of the 169 goals scored in the tournament, seeing off competition from Colombian midfielder Juan Quintero’s free-kick against Japan and Luka Modric’s goal in Croatia’s group-stage thumping of Argentina.
See others the list of the top 10 2018 goals in the 2018 FIFA World Cup below;
1. Pavard (France) vs Argentina
2. Quintero (Mexico) vs Japan
3. Modric (Croatia) vs Argentina
4. Ronaldo (Portugal) vs Spain
5. Messi (Argentina) vs Nigeria
6. Cheryshev (Russia) vs Croatia
7. Chadli (Belgium) vs Japan
8. Musa (Nigeria) vs Iceland
9. Quaresma (Portugal) vs Iran
10. Kroos (Germany) vs Sweden